XEEMO PRODUCT PRIVACY STATEMENT
Xeemo, Inc. (“Xeemo”, “we”, or “our”) is a provider of a payments and related services platform (“Platform”) that allows organizations to send easy-to-pay invoices to their relevant users; for example, their customers. Xeemo provides the Platform pursuant to its agreements with the relevant client (collectively, “Clients”). The relevant agreement authorizes Xeemo to act as a service provider and data processor on behalf of the relevant Client. This means that we collect, use, share and otherwise process personal information (including that of our Clients’ relevant users) on behalf of the relevant Client to provide the Platform —as we’ve set out in this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement applies only to Xeemo’s Platform’s collection, use, disclosure and other processing of the personal information of end users who pay invoices sent to them by the relevant Client (for ease of reference, we refer to these individuals as “End Users”).
PERSONAL INFORMATION XEEMO COLLECTS
Information End Users provide
- Personal contact information, such as name, email address, and mailing address.
- Account information, such as username and password used to establish an online account with Xeemo;
- Payment information, such as payment card details and amounts paid; and
- Correspondence, such as information provided in connection with questions, feedback or other interaction with us through the Platform;
Information Clients provide
- Business contact information, such as name, email and mailing addresses, and phone number;
- Account information, such as username and password that are set to establish an online account with Xeemo;
- Financial information, such as financial account number or payment card number; and
- Correspondence, such as information provided in connection with questions, feedback or other interaction with us through the Platform.
Information we obtain from Clients
- Xeemo may receive information about End Users from the relevant Client. For example, the relevant Client may share an End User’s contact information (including, without limitation, phone numbers) in order for us to send the End User an invoice.
Platform usage information
We and our service providers may also collect information about End Users’ interactions with emails we send on behalf of our Clients.
HOW XEEMO USES YOUR INFORMATION
In general, Xeemo uses personal information to facilitate the Platform (specifically, the sending and payment of invoices) including to:
To facilitate the invoicing process
- create and maintain an End User’s account with us;
- process payments; and
- facilitate communications between End Users and the relevant Client.
To support our business operations
- Enable End Users to access and use the Platform;
- Maintain, improve and develop our services and business;
- Enforce Xeemo’s terms and conditions, rights, safety or property and/or that of you or others;
- Provide information about the Platform such as updates or changes to the Platform and security alerts;
- Comply with law;
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity; and
- Create anonymous, aggregated or deidentified data by removing from the records any identifiers (e.g., ID numbers, account numbers, names, etc.) that make the information personally identifiable to you. We may use and share this non-personal information for our business purposes.
HOW XEEMO SHARES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- At our Clients’ direction. Xeemo may share End Users’ information with the relevant Client or with other third parties to facilitate the Platform and our services.
- With third-party or affiliate service providers. Xeemo may share your information with third-party or affiliate service providers that perform services for or on behalf of Xeemo for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, including to: provide the Platform, optimize the performance of the Platform, provide technical support, and/or provide other services to Xeemo such as payment processing.
- In connection with corporate transactions. Xeemo may share some or all of your information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, dissolution, or other transaction involving the sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of Xeemo’s business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, your information may also be transferred as a business asset.
Xeemo does not allow use of the Platform by anyone younger than 18 years old. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact the relevant Client. We will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable. We encourage parents or guardians with concerns to first contact the relevant Client and then, if necessary, contact us.
Xeemo maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to safeguard the security of personal information. Xeemo cannot, however, guarantee that any safeguards or security measures will be sufficient to prevent an information security issue.
Xeemo retains End Users’ information for the periods set out in the relevant Client agreements including as appropriate to (a) provide the Platform; (b) comply with legal and accounting obligations; (c) resolve disputes; and (d) enforce the terms of the relevant Client agreement.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Xeemo is headquartered in the United States and may have service providers in other countries. Xeemo may transfer your information outside of the country in which you reside, including to the United States.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES OR APPLICATIONS
The Platform may contain links to third-party websites or applications. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave the Platform and go to another site or application operated by a third party. The third party may collect personal information about you. Xeemo’s provision of a link to any other website or location is for your convenience and does not signify Xeemo’s endorsement of such other website or location or its contents. Xeemo has no control over, does not review, and is not responsible for these third party websites or their content. Please be aware that this Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party websites or applications.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Xeemo’s Clients are the data controllers of End Users’ personal information. As the data controllers, the relevant Xeemo Client is responsible for receiving and responding to End Users’ requests to exercise any rights afforded to them under applicable data protection law(s). Xeemo will assist the relevant Client in responding to such requests as set forth in the applicable Client agreement.
Where Xeemo is required by law to collect your information or where Xeemo needs your information in order to provide the Platform to the relevant Client, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to remove it), Xeemo may not be able to provide you with the Platform and its associated services. Xeemo will tell you what information you must provide to use the Platform by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
You may have several choices regarding use of your information on the Platform.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from the Platform, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the Platform. Please consult your browser’s technical information to learn how to exercise this option. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all or portions of the Platform.
- How Xeemo Responds to Do Not Track Signals. Some Internet web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. Currently, Xeemo does not take action in response to these signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Xeemo reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. The Platform, laws, regulations and industry standards may evolve which may make changes to this Privacy Statement appropriate. Xeemo will post the changes to this page. Xeemo encourages you to review the Privacy Statement to stay informed. In accordance with applicable law, Xeemo may notify you of any material changes in its collection, use, or disclose of your information by posting a notice on the Platform. Any material changes to this Privacy Statement will be effective thirty (30) calendar days following notice of the changes on the Platform. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of Platform. If you object to any such changes, you must notify Xeemo prior to the effective date of such changes that you wish to deactivate your account. Continued use of the Platform following the effective date of such changes indicates your agreeing to such changes.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy Statement or Xeemo’s data processing practices, please contact Xeemo by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
797 North Wall St. 507 Columbus, OH 43215